Job ID: DB20171411-05242
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a System Analyst for our Network Operations Center, who will be resident Reston, VA Office.
This role will be responsible for data analysis and correlating events for predictive and preventative controls, creating logic to pinpoint the root cause of an outage or service degradation and configuring automated alerting.
- Site reliability. You have experience monitoring multitudes of distributed systems. You are proactive and identify problems before they happen. You make runbooks, write scripts, and build applications that ensure the uptime and reliability of production services. .
- Capacity planning. You have professional experience in profiling applications and resource usage. You've written and automated load testing on a regular schedule.
- Incident management. You have experience with incident escalation and writing incident / post-mortem reports. You have a mind of steel - large-scale production issues don't faze you. You are an expert in many popular systems and tools, understand low level systems, and are able to rapidly understand a service's architecture.
- Metrics and Monitoring. "Everything that moves must be measured and graphed." You have extensive experience collecting metrics, setting up dashboards, and automating alerts.
- Infrastructure. You think in terms of portability, repeatability, and automation. You think beyond "just making stuff work". You work closely with the development teams to speed deployments, decrease latency, and improve the scalability and reliability.
- On-call. You've been on-call and know firsthand that understanding and respecting services in a production environment leads to increased stability.
- Standardization. Develop solutions for managing configuration changes across multiple environments to ensure consistency.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and fix issues along with product engineers and help prevent them from happening again while participating in an on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with product engineering, performance engineering and QA teams to benchmark capacity of system, identify bottlenecks and efficiently decrease latency of system
- College graduate or at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Hands-on experience in UNIX/Linux systems, scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python) and networking concepts.
- Experience deploying and managing applications using a public cloud provider.
• Maintain Principal Relationships with all technology-related staff with the purpose of fulfilling monitoring, reporting, and incident management responsibilities for enterprise-wide systems.
- Maintains close relationships with staff involved in all levels of load testing, batch job processing, and network operations activities
- Experience with New Relic Query Language (NRQL)
- Knowledge of Selenium , Ansible, Chef, Python, Lambda, API's.
- Experience managing application logs, creation of alerts and maintaining production systems.
If you are an innovative analytical thinker with a passion for building intelligent systems that provide digital experience and business insights that drive the organization then apply today!
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to APPLY by following the link below to send us your resume and a brief introductory cover letter that includes salary expectations.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Areas of Expertise Operations, IT Support, IT Infrastructure
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location Reston, VA
Years of Relevant Experience 2-3