We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded solutions-oriented systems engineer to support our industry leading (award winning) SaaS based infrastructure. The team is responsible for the design, administration and daily operations for the mission critical systems including Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. Engineers will help develop new support services and architecture for the core infrastructure used by thousands of customers around the world
· Provide production infrastructure support for customers our our SaaS platform and infrastructure
· Knowledge and experience focused on security and its specific importance to our SaaS platform and customers accessing it
· Work with and manage relationships with vendors, including hosting providers and more
· Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems and focusing on continuous improvement
· Perform capacity planning
· Write basic SQL queries and perform light database administration tasks.
· Support third party infrastructure applications; Citrix XenApp, file transfer, job scheduling.
· Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies
· Collaborate with business and software teams to create and automate support processes
· Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts
Suggested Experience/Job Requirements
· Systems administration experience supporting mission critical production systems.
· BS/MS in CS, MIS, Engineering or similar
· 8-10+ years of professional engineering and administration experience
· 5+ years of professional with Windows Systems Administration and Application Servers in a production environment including disaster recovery
· Windows Administration skills including AD Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, SQL, DFS etc.
· Basic security administration skills with networking, firewalls, VPN’s etc
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
· Scripting and automation experience including Powershell, Perl, and/or other
· Experience with web and application server technologies (Apache, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss etc)
· Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers