- Will provide veterinary and production leadership over one of three section of live swine production
Duties and responsibilities will include:
To be considered for this role:
- Provide real-time on-site veterinary support to the wean-to-finish and Sow Operations in all aspects of swine production
- Provide input and oversight to system health related improvement programs and production practice quality assurance initiatives.
- Leads and directs systems practices to ensure animal movement and testing requirements are being completed consistent with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure both the Pork Industry and Company objectives, standards, and initiatives are carried out at the regional level including:
- Administration of health plans
- Disease/pathogen monitoring
- PQA measures
- Food safety
- Animal welfare policy
- Assists with coordination of health SOP’s with regional production managers and other health specialists.
- Get all production managers and specialists exposed to the required standards for assessment.
- Monitors Production capabilities that ensures optimum performance standards through:
- System design
- Health improvement initiatives
- Conducts Pork Quality Assurance Training as needed.
- Mentors, directs, and coaches designated production and veterinary support staff.
- Comply with all environmental laws and procedures to which the company subscribes.
- Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- 1-3 years post graduate experience preferred in swine medicine
- Pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Current and valid drivers license with acceptable MVR
- PQA certification
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access, Internet are preferred.
- Must be available for occasional travel
- Must be available to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Must be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat