This position is within the Energy Transfer shipping department. The job sets-up and operates a variety of woodworking machines and uses various hand tools to fabricate wood and cardboard packaging, crates, and skids.
- Set up and run basic woodworking machines such as a table saw, panel saw, dado saw, etc.
- Operate basic woodworking hand tools such as framing nailer, pneumatic stapler, hammer, electric drill, pry-bar, etc.
- Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Attach parts or subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, nails, screws, or clamps.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Assist in loading, packaging, and sealing crates when time allows.
- Operate an industrial lift truck to move crating through the shop.
- Be able to complete the job in less time than the standard run times called out in the traveler.
- Keep the area, machines and tooling clean and organized.
- When time allows can make local deliveries in company truck.
- A high school diploma with career center wood working training, OR ten (5) years of experience in wood construction industry.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs. plus stand for extended periods
- Be able to read basic drawings.
- Have the ability to perform advanced calculations using shop Math.
- Read and comprehend standard operating procedures and be willing to learn.
- Have experience safety operating commercial grade wood cutting equipment.
- Able to accurately use a tape measure.
- Have a Mechanical aptitude with good problem solving skills.
- Experience safety operating an industrial lift truck.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity in wood working processes.
- Learning Orientation.